Our Journey Through Infertility.....

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Just thinking.....

Today I had my follow-up appointment at West Point for Prozac. They told me to come back in 6 weeks just to see how it's going. I've gotta tell you, I battled depression during my last semester of college and it was probably one of the worst times in my life. I weaned myself off the meds after a year hoping that I'd never have to go on it again. After Michael deployed, I prayed that I would manage my feelings and just keep myself going. But as time went on I couldn't have a normal conversation with anyone without tearing up. It felt like the walls were crashing around me. I knew I needed help right away. Once I started the meds, I was able to have normal conversations with people without crying and tearing up. It's a wonderful feeling to have control over myself in a better way.

I'm greatful for my family's support and love. I'm greatful for the prayers that were given on my behalf. I know that this is where I needed to be during Michael's deployment, but there are times when I long to be back in Italy. Just keep the prayers coming.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home