Our Journey Through Infertility.....

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Out of the mouth of babes....

I love the Kelly boys. For those of you who know Chip and Jo Kelly's two little ones, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Noah was my ringbearer in my wedding and he was just priceless. Yesterday I was having dinner with Carole Bate and she called Jo about a funny Emma-ism that had happened while I was at their house - that's a whole other story for another day. When Zach was at Star Lake for Territorial Music Camp with Chip, we had sent an email to Michael. Everytime I saw Zach after that, he kept asking me if Michael had emailed us back. On Sunday I sent Michael an email asking him to email Zach telling him about Afghanistan, what his job is, what he does daily, what he sees, etc. Michael emailed him back yesterday, and Zach was so excited. Zach promptly emailed him back. But this is where the cuteness factor comes in. Noah, now just know he's 5 and doesn't understand what war is or what's going on, says to Zach "Tell him thank you for fighting for my country!". A 5 year old said that!!! Some adults can't even say that. I had goosebumps all over my body and tears in my eyes. The innocence of a 5 year old and saying that to my husband is just amazing.

I thank God for Noah. I thank God for his parents and grandparents, whom I know very well and are very supportive to myself and Michael. I thank God for Zach in wanting to be a pen pal with Michael. I thank God for my husband fighting for my country. I hope that little story brings a smile to your face. As I'm recalling it now, I've got a tear in my eye and a smile on my face. It just shows you that when a child is raised by a Godly family what can happen. So thank you Chip & Jo for such wonderful and caring children that they would take the time to write to Michael. And thank you for all the love and support that you give the two of us. I hope you know how much it means!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home