Our Journey Through Infertility.....

Monday, March 19, 2007

Some can sympathize

It's not that I'm asking for any sympathy, but I know a few of you can sympathize with what I'm about to say. So this weekend I spent it on the couch. I woke up at around 230 am on Saturday already not ready to face the wee early hours of the morning, but I had the starts of some body aches. I fell back to sleep only to wake up at 730 am with my entire body hurting from head to toe. Now my friend Tammy had booked us hair appointments for the afternoon so I knew I had to feel better. I went and got my hair done, went to the commissary to get some cereal, went home, and collapsed on the couch. You see I had the flu! Yes, the flu. Everything hurt. I called my mom later that evening and asked her to get on a plane to come and take care of me. This is where some of you can sypathize with me. You know how it is when you're sick. All you want is someone to cuddle you, bring you drinks, and just take care of you. My mom gave the best cuddles all the time, but they were even better when I was sick. Michael wasn't even here to take care of me. The cat just looked at me like I was crazy to ask him for a drink. And on top of that I was whiny.

So for those of you who are far from your mom, or have ever been far from your mom, you know how I feel. So mom, thanks for all the cuddles!!!! I really could've used one on Saturday.

In case you care, I'm feeling way better.

6 Comments:

  • At 3/19/2007 9:32 AM, Blogger BrownEyedGirl said…

    Being whiny is just no fun without someone to hear it!
    Hey! funny thing happened to me yesterday at the Friendy's in Suffern, NY. I met Stepehn Baldwin. We spoke for about 10 min. about ministry. LOL! How random is that....God is up to something. Check out his official web site to see his ministry. ;) Love you and glad your feeling better.

     
  • At 3/19/2007 9:33 AM, Blogger BrownEyedGirl said…

    oops....Stephen Baldwin. I was typing too fast!

     
  • At 3/19/2007 9:44 AM, Blogger Big Cheeseburger said…

    Hiya honey. Sorry you weren't feeling to well. I can't wait to come home. Pop in a dvd and sip down some Chai. I love you Katie.

     
  • At 3/19/2007 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry to hear that hunnie! Glad you're feeling better! I completely understand how ya feel. Though I recall being sick and you taking care of me :) You did such a good job.
    Love ya KT~
    ~B

     
  • At 3/21/2007 9:50 PM, Blogger Mom said…

    Hey cuttie so sorry I was not where I was needed did you forget that there are extra hugs in that blanket that grandma gave you when you were 3 I put them in before I shipped it !! glad your feeling better love you mom

     
  • At 3/25/2007 9:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Sorry you were so sick! It REALLY isn't fun being sick and having no one to complain to :(. Hope you feel better soon

     

Post a Comment

<< Home