Our Journey Through Infertility.....

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Held a Gun

For the first time in my life, I held a gun. I never thought I'd hold one, and never really wanted to. I was in Michael's office during lunch today and his friend is in charge of the company's arms room. He was giving some weapons out and was working on an M9 baretta when he came into the office and said here, hold this. Of course it was not loaded people, don't start freaking out. So I held it feeling completely uncomfortable. Then he brought in an M16 with all the gadgets, and I had no desire to hold that one. It was very wierd to actually hold something with all that power. I don't ever want to hold one again. And on top of that, it was even scarier seeing Michael hold it in person. So don't worry, I will never do that again.

All is well here. Michael is taking me away this weekend. He's not telling me where we're going, but there's a Starbucks there. Of course I'm excited about that. Will post pics when we come back on Monday. We're going to look at new apartments tomorrow on the Italian economy. We're keeping our options open since we can't move to the family housing area.

Hope all is well with each of you. Until next time.....

2 Comments:

  • At 2/01/2007 6:45 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    I've only ever held a gun once in my life and I hated the feeling. I mean, it was the weirst most terrifying feeling ever! I couldn't do it ever again.

    Can't wait to hear about your weekend! Talk to you soon.

    ~Karen~

     
  • At 2/01/2007 11:23 PM, Blogger Mom said…

    Hey you two
    Have a great weekend where ever yo are going
    we are with joanne and wayne and went to epcot tonight we enjoyed the new attraction Soarin the scenes were spectacular. Dad went on a ride by himself called fast track joanne thought I might not cope too well
    You really dont want a tee shirt do you? rather expensive!
    have fun with the little kiddies
    bye for now love you two Mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home