Our Journey Through Infertility.....

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Patiently waiting

Well this blog won't have any info on doctor appointments, but it will have an update on Michael & I. Michael is getting ready for his 4 deployment. We have about a week left until he leaves. He has started blogging again, www.thebigcheeseburger.blogspot.com, where he will be able to hopefully post what he's up to in Afghanistan. I'm hoping to get out an address to our family and friends so that you can send Michael cards, notes, and care packages if you like.

This deployment will only be 12 months in length. And as I type that, I can hear most of you saying "Only 12 months!", well last deployment was 15 months. I think that was the hardest ever. Deployments don't really get easier as you go through many of them. This time around though, I have decided to stay at our home on Ft. Bragg. I have become very involved in our FRG, Family Readiness Group, and have responsibilities that include managing our FRG's online store. I also have gotten a job - substituting at the high schools off post. I'm really excited for this opportunity.

Please pray for Michael and the other soldiers in the battalion as they deploy. Most of the soldiers are already gone and are getting situated in Afghanistan. We know that God will provide protection to Michael and the people of Afghanistan that he will meet on a daily basis. I will post items that you can send him, if you would like, once he gets to Afghanistan and knows what he needs.

We are grateful for your love and support. Until next time......


2 Comments:

  • At 8/28/2009 3:30 PM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    Hey! Just wanted to let you know that we think about you guys often and are praying for you. love ya

     
  • At 8/30/2009 12:39 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Oh my gosh Katie, I didn't know that you married Michael! I'm be praying for you guys :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home