Our Journey Through Infertility.....

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tests

Well friends, things are going well here. I've been doing a lot of praying about a specific issue and I think it's time to give you a specific issue to pray for. I've been going through a lot of fertility treatments over the past 4 months or so. They've put me on prednisone, a prolactin leveler, and clomid. I'm not having much luck with any of it. Today we both had some blood drawn for genetic testing and some more hormone level testing for me.

It's getting very frustrating, but I'm so thankful that we don't have to pay for any of this. We're lucky enough to be on a post where they have a fertility doctor. If we were not here we'd have to go to an off post fertility doctor and we would most likely have to pay out of pocket for that.
With Michael deploying in 2 months, I keep having second thoughts about all this testing and trial that I'm putting my body through. I've gained a bunch of weight from the meds, which makes me quite unhappy. I'm blessed that my husband loves me no matter what I look like, I just hate the way I look. We've been told that we can continue the process while Michael is deployed since they can keep Michael's "boys" on ice.

I've been toying with whether or not to post about all this. It's such a personal process to go through, but with family and friends reading this I know that you will keep us in prayer. I know that no matter what, God knows what's in store for us. He doesn't give us anything we can't handle. I'm not getting any younger and the odds of issues goes up as I get older.

Thanks for reading my rambling. Please keep us in your prayers.

Until next time.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home