Our Journey Through Infertility.....

Monday, August 10, 2009

The Fertility Game

I've been reluctant to post about the past few weeks. It's been a whirlwind of emotions for me. So let me just start.

We've been trying to have a baby off and on for about 3 years. I knew it was going to be difficult, but I didn't realize it would be this difficult. Due to deployments and training it's hard to "schedule" the perfect time to get pregnant. I don't ovulate on a regular basis which makes timing difficult. This brings us to moving to Ft. Bragg. There are very few reproductive endocrinologists in the military, but there is one here. I've been through tests, trials, and more tests over the past 6 months that it's ridiculous. The last round of tests showed that I have PCOS. For the past week I've been doing injections to help stimulate my ovaries for an upcoming IUI. I had an ultrasound this morning and some blood work done, and it showed that I have hyperstimulation of the ovaries. At this point I have too many follicles, nausea and heavy cramping. They can't do IUI until my levels come back down. I'm off the injections as of this morning and started another injection to help bring down my levels. I go back for another ultrasound on Thursday morning to see how everything is.

The stress for me is that Michael's leaving in 21 days. I knew I'd have to do a pregnancy alone, which I'm perfectly fine with. I have my plan in place in my head. They said we can try again next month. I think they only allow 4 tries with IUI. We're going to keep trying while he's away though.

Please keep us in your prayers as we go through this process. It's an emotional journey and at times I just want to throw in the towel. We know that God has so much in store for the both of us. I guess I just need the patience to know that it's all in His timing.

Until next time....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home