Our Journey Through Infertility.....

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

MRIs

Today I had an MRI done on my right ankle. I was told 2 years ago that I needed ankle stabilization surgery. But with an upcoming wedding and move, I decided to put it off. Lately my ankle has been really bothering me and it's been rolling more often than normal for me. I was supposed to go to Germany to visit Landsthul Medical Center and have an MRI done up there. That consisted of the following schedule: April 28th, leave post at 7am, travel by bus for 12 hours to Germany; April 29th, 6am MRI, then get on bus at 845am to travel another 12 hours back to Italy. The thought of being on a bus for 24 hours did not excite me. Especially since I'd have to sit still and I'm convinced I have Adult ADD, I'd probably get very cranky. So I decided to cancel that appointment and go to an Italian facility to have it done.

Well my experince happened today. Normally Michael does most of the translating, but I can get some words. It was an experience to say the least, and that was before the MRI even happened. The poor girl couldn't figure out how to say a word in English. There was an Italian paramedic standing behind me and he was trying to help translate. After a few minutes I got what she was trying to say. We all got a good chuckle out of it, but there were a few annoyed Italians behind me.

I go back next Monday to pick up my films and I'm hoping that I can see the surgeon while he is here from Aviano Air Base. I'd like to get the surgery done as soon as possible. I promise there will be pictures posted of before and after. And maybe someone will take a few during the surgery!!!!! Kinda reminds me of Kyle Townsend's heart transplant. Remember him carrying that photo album around of his heart transplant?? It was amazing to see those pictures.

Well that's about it for now. Time is winding down on Michael's deployment. Yesterday was 11 months deployed. They're going to be going on more walks for about the next 2 months and then it's time to start the progression down the mountain. That'll take a while, but it means it's sooner to him coming home.

Love to you all!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home