Our Journey Through Infertility.....

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Answered Prayer

I know most of you, let me rephrase that, all of you have been praying for Michael and I. As those of you know, I have specifically asked for prayer in the sense of getting a job. Well that prayer has been answered. I have been offered a job at the Child Development Center as an Program Assistant. I'm so excited!!! The building is a year old. There are 2 toddler rooms, 1 infant room, and 2 preschool rooms. They have children ages 6 weeks - 6 years. The job is flex time so my hours and days vary week to week, but it's a job. The woman that I interviewed with was wonderful. They are actually going through the process of being accredited, so they are very busy. The center caters to soldier's with children and parents who work on post. I'll be floating between all the rooms which is really a great opportunity so that you don't get bored or tired out working with one specific age group. Thank you all for your prayers with this.

Michael is doing well in Germany. He did not pass his Expert Field Medical Badge, which has bummed him out. He's sort of a perfectionist and failing is not in his personality. It's very humbling for him. It's snowing where he is, so I'm hoping he doesn't get sick because we're getting on a plane next week!! I'm ready for him to come home though.

So that's about it. Keep us in prayer as we're preparing for our flight to the Knaggs'. I'm not a big fan of flying so Michael is going to drug me up for the flight between Munich and Shanghai.

Love to you all!!!!

4 Comments:

  • At 12/12/2006 4:56 PM, Blogger Caryn said…

    Oh My Gosh! Yay!!!!! So happy for you! Giving you a big hug! Sqeeeeeze!

     
  • At 12/12/2006 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CONGRATS!!!! ((HUGS))

     
  • At 12/14/2006 9:42 AM, Blogger Mhairi said…

    Katie, you rock!
    Seriously, Australia, I hate you ;) Just jealous, if you see anyone that looks like me, they probably are.

    love to you and Michael

     
  • At 12/16/2006 7:31 PM, Blogger The Maxwells said…

    Congrats! I knew it was only a matter of time. I start my long-term sub gig on Thursday. Wish me luck!

    Can't wait to talk to you and Michael on Christmas!

    Patti :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home