Our Journey Through Infertility.....

Monday, June 26, 2006

So, I've arrived in Italy to an airconditioned barracks, and I've made my first military wife mistake. Michael took me to the Commissary (grocery store) and I didn't have my ID with me. I felt like I got sent to the principal's office. The lady made me sit in the front of the store on a picnic bench. I've now learned the importance of carrying it with me at all times. Oh Well!!! You learn from your mistakes.

The weather here is brutal right now. Not every building has airconditioning either. So as I type to you I'm sitting in the USO building enjoying the coolness of air!!! We'll be looking for housing soon. Supposedly government housing has air conditioning so that's what I'm opting for.

I'm missing home, but I know that you're praying for me as I'm away from all that I love. Michael is being very supportive and handed over his phone card to me. I'm hoping to call home again on Wednesday.

So here's my official first post. Thanks to Mhairi for setting this all up for me. I love you all and please post comments.

Love to you all!!!!! KT:)

2 Comments:

  • At 6/26/2006 12:11 PM, Blogger Mhairi said…

    I'm the firstest!

     
  • At 6/26/2006 2:34 PM, Blogger Caryn said…

    Hey It's Caryn. Are you loving Italy? Have you seen anything fun yet. I expect pictures of century old churches and such on your new flickr site. I haven't moved anything in your room yet. I have a feeling it will be called "Katie's room" for awhile. Love the site! Keep up the posting. Maybe I'll start one too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home